Cleveland Religious Leaders Launch We Believe! Cleveland
Join Us for a Kick-Off Event and Press Conference!!!More from the media advisory:
Wednesday, May 17, 2006, 11:00 AM
Doors Open for Music and Celebration at 10:30 AM
Cleveland Play House
8501 Carnegie Ave. Cleveland, Ohio 44106
Faithful Clevelanders will gather to pray and unveil a shared vision of serving God in word and action by promoting the values of inclusion, compassion and social justice.
We believe the stakes in Ohio are frighteningly high
We will not stand by and bear witness to religion being used as a tool of division and exclusion.
The time for action is now!
Cleveland religious leaders will announce the We Believe, Cleveland vision, shared mission, and concrete actions the organization will immediately embrace moving forward.
WHO: Pastors, priests, rabbis, cantors, imams, and lay leaders committed to speaking in public ways to bear witness to the spiritual heritage of pluralism, tolerance, social justice and religious freedom. We Believe participants are ethnically and racially diverse, men and women, conservative, moderate and liberal. They represent a wide range of theological diversity and serve urban, suburban and rural people in their houses of worship.
PARTICIPANTS: Participants include, but are not limited to:
- Rev. Dr. Otis Moss, Jr. (Olivet Institutional Baptist Church)
- Rabbi Richard A. Block (The Temple Tifereth-Israel)
- Rev. Dr. Marvin McMickle (Antioch Baptist Church)
- Rev. Dr. Joan Brown Campbell (Chautauqua Institute)
- Rev. Tracey Lind (Trinity Cathedral)
- Rev. Kenneth W. Chalker (First United Methodist Church)
- Pastor Max Rodas (Nueva Luz Church of the Nazarene)
- We Believe Columbus leaders: Rev. Tim Ahrens (First Congregational Church, Columbus, OH) and Cantor Jack Chomsky (Tifereth Israel, Columbus, OH)
Alternate link for comments