Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The We Believe! launch today

I attended the launch event today, and as my husband and I circled the church in an attempt to find parking, I was pleased to see that a number of media outlets were in attendance. Will have to watch to see what sort of coverage it receives.

When we took our seats, I was horrified to discover that my voice recorder, which had plenty of juice left when I checked last night, now had dead batteries. I scrawled as many notes as I could, and I really do mean scrawled. If I try to write fast, I have some of the worst handrwriting in the world. That's why I *bought* the voice recorder.

So I need to try to decipher what I wrote before I can post anything here. In the meantime, I invite anyone who was in attendance and who would like to share some of their thoughts about today's event to e-mail me at ohiorenee @ gmail.com, and I can post your comments here as a guest entry. (Or, if you have some better pictures of the event that you'd like to share here, that would be great too!)

Also, if you see any good articles about today's event at The First AME Zion Church, please feel free to either e-mail me the link, or post it in the comments below.

Click this link to read We Believe's press release about today's event.

Cantor Jack Chomsky of Congregation Tifreth Israel (seen here at the microphone) led attendants in the song Horeni Hashem before the announcement/press conference portion of the event began, and later outlined the groups six action steps. (The rector of my church is the one directly to the right of the purple banner.)


We Believe
co-convener Rev. Eric Brown, Sr. Pastor of the Woodland Christian Church in Columbus presented the group's mission statement.

“God is calling us to reconcile people of faith. God calls us to unite and heal not to demonize our neighbors.” Rev. Tim Ahrens, First Congregational Church.

Rev. Richard Wing of First Community Church said the closing blessing.

Alternate link for comments

No comments: