Monday, June 19, 2006

Archbishop of Canterbury welcomes 26th Presiding Bishop

From the Episcopal News Service:

Archbishop of Canterbury welcomes 26th Presiding Bishop

The Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr. Rowan Williams issued a statement June 19 on the election of Katharine Jefferts Schori, Bishop of Nevada, as the next Presiding Bishop of the Episcopal Church. Jefferts Schori was elected June 18 to succeed current Presiding Bishop Frank Griswold.

Click here to read the rest, and for the picture of the *real* Rowan Williams. The picture you see above is the Rowan Bear, as featured in Gadgets for God on the Ship of Fools web site.

You know how you can get a song in your head, and there's nothing else for it but to play it a few times, and sing along? Well, I wasn't going to be able to get that Rowan Bear image out of my head--I kept thinking of it every time I saw a picture of the real Rowan Williams--until I finally posted the picture.

Alternate link for comments

No comments: