Sunday, June 18, 2006

Sen. Danforth at the Presiding Bishop's Forum

I've seen mention of former Senator (and ordained Episcopal Priest) John Danforth's speech at the Presiding Bishops Forum here and there on the internet, but hadn't gotten the chance to listen to it until today. It is available in Windows Media or Real Player format at Convention Nightly--it's the video for Saturday, June 17.

I believe that we have a higher calling. I believe that we have a more simple message and I believe that that simple message is the context in which we should see all of the issues and it's exactly the same message Bishop Griswold mentioned in his introduction. It's what St. Paul said. I believe that the central message of the Episcopal Church and of all Christians is and should be that God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself and that he has entrusted to us the ministry of reconciliation.

I found the speech very worthwhile and am glad I watched the video. The transcript is posted here at Talitha Koum!

Alternate link for comments

No comments: